The Sell Feed API lets sellers upload and download feed files and reports, and create schedules. Both upload and download feed files are processed asynchronously by eBay. The status of all upload and download tasks are tracked with a unique 'task ID'. Each report can be customized with date ranges and other filter criteria.
This API contains the following resources:
- order_task - Create an order download task with filter criteria related to order and retrieve the status and details of a specific order task or a group of order tasks.
- inventory_task - Create an inventory upload or download task with filter criteria related to inventory, and retrieve the status and details of a specific inventory task or a group of inventory tasks.
- schedule - Create a schedule for the feed API resources. A schedule generates reports periodically for a specified feedType. Schedules are based off templates that define the parameters used such as feed type.
- task - Create an upload or download task without filter criteria and retrieve the status and details of a specific task or a group of tasks. Whether it is a download or upload task depends on the feed_type specified.
- customer_service_metric_task - Create a customer service metrics download task with filter criteria. This task can also retrieve the status and details of a specific customer service metrics task or group of tasks.
Business use cases
The initial release of this API supports the following use cases.
Downloading an order report
You can generate and download an order report. For details, see Downloading an order report.
Acknowledging fulfilled orders with an Order Ack upload file
You can acknowledge orders you have received and are processing or fulfilling by uploading an order acknowledgment file. After this file has been processed, only the unacknowledged orders will be returned in the next order report. For details, see Submitting an order acknowledgment file.
Downloading Customer Service Metrics reports
Through the customer_service_metric_task methods, you can create a report download task and retrieve a list of transactions that affect performance for given evaluation type, service metric type. Other filters can also be specified. You can search the returned list of transactions by applying a data range filter for the request creation date. For details, see Customer Service Metrics Report.
Creating, customizing, and managing feed tasks
You can use the getTask, getOrderTask, and getInventoryTask methods to retrieve the details of a specific task by specifying the task ID. You can use the getTasks, getOrderTasks, and getInventoryTasks methods to retrieve the details of a group of tasks by specifying the feed_type. You can control the tasks returned by using URI filters, such as date_range or look_back_days.
You can use the getInputFile method to download the input file that is associated with a specific task. Make sure to specify the task_id that was used by the uploadFile method. For details, see Working with Order Feeds.
Through the schedule methods, you can create a schedule, which is a subscription to a specified schedule template. A schedule returns a report for the feed_type specified by the template. When creating the schedule, specify the template with the feed type and any other parameters needed for your schedule. You can also specify a preferred trigger hour, day of the week, or day of the month.
Requirements and restrictions
The following are the requirements and restrictions for the Sell Feed API.
The following table lists the Sell Feed API scopes and use cases they support.
|https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.inventory||Active Inventory Report|
|https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.fulfillment||LMS Order Ack and Order Report|
|https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.marketing||For future use|
|https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/commerce.catalog.readonly||For future use|
|https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.analytics.readonly||Customer Service Metrics Report|