Find the answer to your question
Why am I getting the following error when I try to list an Item with shipping services?
<ShortMessage>Missing the primary shipping service option.</ShortMessage>
<LongMessage>Missing the primary shipping service option. Please check API documentation.</LongMessage>
When you list your shipping services, you need to ensure that you set the shipping service priority correctly. You can list upto 3 domestic services, starting with priority 1, and you can list upto 3 international services, which again start with 1.
For the shipping services, it is best to think of domestic shipping services as a separate section and international shipping services as another section, which are disjoint and unrelated. Hence, when you list domestic shipping services, start with the shipping priority of 1, and increment it for each shipping service that you add. Similarly, for international shipping services, start with the shipping service priority of 1 and increment it for each international shipping service you wish to add.
Here is a sample AddItem request to list an item on eBay UK:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- You need to begin the count from 1 for international shipping services -->
The code example above was based on the versions specified below:
|API Schema Version||1267|
- Documentation: AddItem API call
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Providing shipping costs for combined payments for both domestic and international shipping
- SendInvoice call returns Error 20198 or Error 20199
- I'm listing an item on a Motors category, specifying a standard shipping method. Why do I get the following error?<ShortMessage>Shipping service is not available.</ShortMessage>
- Error - Shipping Service is not available
- Fifth International Shipping Service Option is getting dropped from the listing. Why ?