Find the answer to your question
Question: My ReviseItem call is returning "Error in <ShippingServicePriority> specified"
I'm not even sending in anything about ShippingServices in the ReviseItem request ... for that matter I'm not even sending the ShippingDetails container.
Why am I getting this error, and what can I do?
Answer: This can happen when the item has 2 domestic shipping services that are assigned a ShippingServicePriority of 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2.
This can also happen when the item has 2 international shipping services that are assigned a ShippingServicePriority of 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2.
This situation is usually caused by "data corruption" either at the time the item was listed or on some subsequent action taken on the item.
The workaround is to send the ShippingDetails container and ALL of the current data in this container in the ReviseItem call with the affected ShippingServicePriority settings corrected to 1 and 2 instead of 1 and 3.
If you do not have the complete ShippingDetails of the item, then please call GetItem in order to get the ShippingDetails so that you can include them in your ReviseItem call.
A feature request has been made to stop validating data points that are not explicitly specified in a ReviseItem call, which then would remove the need to send in ShippingDetails just to get the ReviseItem call to go through in these cases.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- How do I remove or modify only my InternationalShippingServiceOption(s), but not my "domestic" shipping services?
- Best Practices using ShippingDetails
- Using ReviseItem to change the Description of an Item
- Best Practices for ReviseItem with Item Specifics
- I'm using ReviseItem/ReviseFixedPriceItem to add another shipping service option but it doesn't seem to be taking effect on my listing. What happened?